Relating to this product
The Library of Congress will not possess legal rights to product with its collections. Consequently, it generally does not license or charge authorization costs to be used of these material and cannot give or reject authorization to publish or else circulate the material.
Finally, it’s the researcher’s responsibility to evaluate copyright or other usage limitations and acquire authorization from 3rd events when needed before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library’s collections.
For details about reproducing, publishing, and material that is citing this collection, along with use of the first products, see: Carol M. Highsmith – liberties and limitations Information
- Rights Advisory: No understood limitations on book.
- Reproduction quantity: LC-DIG-highsm-40791 (original digital file)
- Call Number: LC-DIG-highsm- 40791 (ON LINE) P&P
- Access Advisory: —
If a graphic is showing, you can easily install it your self. (Some pictures show just as thumbnails outside of the Library of Congress as a result of liberties factors, you get access to bigger size pictures on location.)
Instead, you can buy copies of numerous types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- In cases where a image that is digital showing: The characteristics for the electronic image partially depend on whether or not it ended up being made of the initial or an intermediate such as for example a duplicate negative or transparency. In the event that Reproduction quantity field above carries a reproduction quantity that begins with LC-DIG. then there was an electronic digital image which was made straight through the initial and it is of enough quality for some book purposes.
- If you have information listed in the Reproduction quantity field above: the reproduction can be used by you quantity to buy a duplicate from Duplication Services. It will be produced through the supply placed in the parentheses following the quantity.
Only if black-and-white («b&w») sources are detailed and also you want a duplicate showing color or tint (presuming the first has any), you are able to generally buy a good content of this initial in color by citing the decision quantity listed above and such as the catalog record («About This Item») together with your demand.
Cost listings, contact information, and purchase types can be found regarding the Duplication Services website.
Usage of Originals
Please use the next steps to ascertain whether you will need to fill a call slip out into the images and Photographs researching area to look at the first item(s). A surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm in some cases.
May be the item digitized? (A thumbnail (little) image will likely to be noticeable from the remaining.)
- Yes, the product is digitized. Please utilize the electronic image in choice to asking for the initial. All pictures can be looked at at a big size whenever you’re in any reading space in the Library of Congress. In certain situations, just thumbnail (little) pictures can be found when you’re away from Library of Congress as the product is legal rights limited or is not examined for legal rights limitations. As a conservation measure, we generally usually do not provide a initial product whenever an electronic image can be obtained. When you have a reason that is compelling understand initial, talk to a guide librarian. (often, the first is just too delicate to provide. As an example, cup and movie photographic negatives are especially at the mercy of harm. Also, they are simpler to see on line where they have been presented as good pictures.)
- No, the product just isn’t digitized. Please visit no. 2.
Perform some Access Advisory or Call quantity fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as for instance microfilm or content images?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Guide staff can direct you to definitely this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate will not occur. Please head to no. 3.
To contact guide staff into the Prints and Photographs researching Room, please use our Ask A Librarian solution or phone the reading space between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated immediately from bibliographic information as being a convenience, that can never be accurate or complete.
Chicago citation design:
APA citation design:
MLA citation design:
Highsmith, Carol M, professional professional photographer. A pawnbroker and pay day loan workplace, mostly of the staying viable organizations in a stretch of downtown Gary, Indiana, certainly one of America’s many economically troubled towns . -09-12. Photograph. Retrieved through the Library of Congress, .